FACTS ABOUT COVID & CURRENT TREATMENT SCENARIO
AFTER IMMUNE SUPPRESSION, WE ALL NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONS IN IMMUNE COMPROMISED PATIENTS , POST IMMUNE SUPPRESSION HOSPITALIZATION GIVES US HOSPITAL ACQUIRED INFECTIONS, BEDSIDE COMPLICATIONS AND COMMUNITY ACQUIRED INFECTIONS.
SO ONCE POST COVID... WE NEED TO RULE OUT EVERY INFECTION IF PATIENT GIVES SYMPTOMS...
POST VIRAL SECONDARY OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTION PHASE.
(KLEBSIELLA PICTURE ON CT CHEST MIMICKS COVID ACTIVE)
3. FUNGAL SEPSIS( ABPA-ASPERGILLOSIS)
4. HIGH CHANCES OF PERSISTENT UTI'S IN DIABETIC , SLE, AUTOIMMUNE CONDITION PATIENTS)
5.S.PROCALCITONIN WHICH IS A MARKER OF SEPSIS SHALL NOT SHOW WHICH BACTERIA WE ARE SUFFERING WITH. SO AS PER THEIR SYMPTOMS
WE NEED TO DO SPUTUM, URINE, BLOOD, STOOL , WOUND, CULTURES, AFB, TB PCR SO THAT WE CAN FAIRLY TREAT PATIENTS TO THEIR BEST OF THEIR PERFECT IMPROVEMENT.
EARLY MONITORING OF THESE CULTURES , MEASURING ANTIBODIES WILL SAFE GUARD US TO TAPER STEROIDS FASTLY RATHER TO LOAD SEPSIS IN THE BODY.
DOCTORS ARE NOT DOING CULTURES... I HAVENT SEEN IN ANY PROTOCOL OF THEM THAT THEY ARE DOING CULTURES ON THE DAY 1 THEY START ANTIBIOTICS WHEN PATIENT IS LANDING INTO SEPSIS.
[9/25, 12:24 AM] Dr Geetanjali: Post viral phase due to aggressive management's... We are experiencing Fibrosis of lungs which is an irreversible damage , for which we need to use Antifibrotics and mucolytics for a period of 3-6months... ,
Need to rule out every step and every point... To make the patient safe ultimately
1. Yes, it costs
2. Hard to convince when everything doesn't come from a book or 60year old man or a great institution.
3. It is a way where one practitioner needs to interact with each other to share their experiences.
4. Convincing patient attendants , a big deal in current scenario where everyone assumes ther righteous cheats them and ignorant saves them.
5. God bless us all from COVID!!!