Search

Famous people with Diabetes, who are an inspiration to each one of us

famous-people-with-diabetes-who-are-an-inspiration-to-each-one-of-us-329-1542177651_original.jpeg

Nick Jonas

The famous singer was diagnosed at the age of 13, with his random blood sugar at 800. He manages his sugar, health and career pretty well since then and uses insulin pump . “The first time I heard someone say 'thanks for sharing,' I thought, if I can use this as an opportunity to inspire people, then it’s all worth it’, he said once.

Halle Berry

Academy Award-winning actress Halle Berry is known for her roles in films such as Die Another Day. She was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes after she went into Diabetic Coma.

Larry king

The talk show host has type 2 diabetes. According to him "It's definitely controllable" , all you need is to be extra cautious.

Gary Hall, Jr.

Someone truly inspirational, someone who defeated all the limitations of the body. Olympic swimmer Gary Hall, Jr. proved doctors wrong in 2000, a year after he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. He was told that he would never again be able to compete at an Olympic level. But not just competing, that year, he took home his first individual gold medal by way of the 50-meter freestyle race. He repeated the win in 2004.

Hall then got intensely involved in efforts to cure the illness that almost curtailed his career and founded Foundation for Diabetes which supports cure-focused research, and he serves as a spokesperson for the Diabetes Research Institute [DRI]. “Diabetes doesn’t have to stand between you and your dreams, and that is why we are all here,” his words.

Gallery Images

Previous picture Next picture Close gallery

Send Your Message

or

By signing up, I agree to terms