HOMEOPATHIC SPORTS MEDICINE

Dr MANOJ KUMAR T G

Homoeopathy as a Sports medicine

DR.T.G.MANOJ KUMAR

Injuries are common in sports and games. A single injury may spoil the whole life of a sports person. Repeated trivial injuries may complicate in future and block the carrier development of the person.

A study after the Los Angeles Marathon found that one in seven runners came down with an upper respiratory infection after taking part in the race, compared with just two out of 100 runners who didn’t compete

Injuries associated with participation in sports and recreational activities account for 21 percent of all traumatic brain injuries among children in the United States.

According  to Kevin Hoffman in Coach and Athletic Director “ a famous sports magazine , highest frequency of injuries occurs in Basketball, second position is Football, others following in victory stand are soccer, base ball, gymnastics.

Most of the sports injuries are of the traumatic type such as a bruise, muscle strain, ligament sprain, fractures, etc. Others include muscle soreness, muscle cramps, stiffness, cuts and abrasions.

In sports medicine, medication used in Modern Medicine, not actually heal the condition, most of them are for suppressing pain. When we continuing our activity with the injured parts under local anesthesia, that ends in more severe and irreversible damage to the tissue or bone.

Content of most of the Modern medicine itself are harm full for regular and continuous use.

Most of the sports surgery ruins the carrier of the sports men. Carli Anne Lloyd(  an American soccer player, two-time Olympic gold medalist, FIFA Women's World Cup champion, 2015 FIFA Player of the Year and 2016 FIFA Player of the Year) said “ It's always hard to deal with injuries mentally, but I like to think about it as a new beginning. I can't change what happened, so the focus needs to go toward healing and coming back stronger than before”.

Here comes the possibilities of Homoeopathy as a sports medicine,With homoeopathic medicine we can heal the wounds externally and internally, can speed the bone healing, muscle injuries, tendon tear etc.

Many famous sports person benefited by homoeopathic treatment

As you know Olympian P.T.USHA regains her strength by Homoeopathic Medicine,

David Beckham used homeopathy for a broken foot just prior to the 2002 World Cup .

Zaheer Khan, Indian cricket player used Arnica (a homoeopathic medicine)for tightening of quadriceps muscles.

Martina Navratilova, Czech and American tennis super star.   Boris Becker, German tennis super star were followers of this system.

Many Soccer Players in Germany use homeopathy. In 2008, 24 out of 26 doctors (92.3%) who work for the Bundesliga’s (German soccer league) first and second division teams had prescribed homeopathic cures for 76% of the soccer teams!

Even sports doctors in western countries prescribes homoeopathic medicine in many countries

Merits of homeopathic medicine.

In homoeopathy, we can divide the application of homoeopathic medicine for various purposes which is not possible for other systems.

Before sports activity

During sports activity

After sports  activity or injury

The effect of these injuries is two-fold. One the cells that made up soft tissues gets damaged and the second is fatigue and weakness. Sometimes fear can also lead to injuries.

Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali  died at the age of 74, was suffering from  Parkinson's disease. It may be due to the concussions of brain happened during boxing that could be preventable by Homoeopathy medication.

With homoeopathic medicine, broken bones will heal faster, Muscle tears will mend more quickly. Head injuries and head concussions will heal and long term tissue damage is avoided. Homeopathy not only heals sport injuries quickly, but it also can be used as a preventative medicine.

Psychological help

Many of the Athletes suffered from performance anxiety, which hinder their maximum caliber. Homoeopathy has medicine to cop up with such performance anxiety.

One of our world famous women tennis player declared, many times she intentionally failed in finals, just to escape from stage and audience.

No Risk of Doping: Since homeopathic medicine are colloidal solutions and contains nanoparticles, they do not show up in any drug testing procedures .The world anti-doping agency (WADA) considers homeopathic remedies free of restriction.

The most commonly used homeopathic medicines are Arnica Montana, Arsenicum Album, Ruta Graveolens, Rhus Toxicodendrom, Hypericum, Ledum Pal, Calendula, Symphytum, Bellis Perennis, Bryonia and Strontium Carbonicum. Among them, Arnica and Rhus tox are most widely used

Ruta Graveolens 30C for the treatment of pain in plantar fasciitis

Use of Arnica to relieve pain after carpal-tunnel release surgery

Arnica, Bryonia & Rhus Tox 6c  are best for Fibromyalgia

For speedy recovery from over exertion after too much training

Arnica and China.                                 

To increase oxygen uptake by cells-China and Natrum Mur

Enhancing neural response-, Vanadium, Ferrum Mettallicum and Arsenicum Album

Clarke’s ‘A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica’ describes Arsenicum Album as : “Arsenic is the remedy for the effects of prolonged endurance. It has the power of strengthening the muscles of the limbs and that of the breathing apparatus”.

(Usual potency used in sports medicine is ARS ALB 6C)

Vanadium metallicum –“increases amount of haemoglobin, also combines its oxygen with toxins and destroys their virulence….”W. Boericke

Vanadium—an energetic stimulant of nutrition.( Dr.Robin Murphy –lotus mat.med)

1) Arnica , When the injury is in the superficial level like sprain , Arnica fear of approach even before touching and sending doctor away is very striking. It helps in old clots or to prevent clotting of blood internally 6th c in repeated doses can prevent stroke also.
Cicuta mainly history of high fever n head injury also lymphnodes in neck prominent
Bellis per my fav for lifting weight 30 or 200 both similar action. Bruised feeling internally. Heavy work and muscle fibres worn out.
Rhus has feverishness and restlessness
Cuprum met any muscle fibre and even calc flour 30-in calf muscles, helps in cramps

ockd, falls or when bruising s easily visible n more useful when some of the characteristic features are available like wanting to be left alone or unbearable if someone touching the affected area .use Arnica 30 every 15 mnts

Belles per 30 if bruising s deep n a feeling of 'tightness' of the area.3) Led 30 specific for sprained ankles if the area looks black bruised n a sensation of being cold.4) Rhustox alternate with Arnica

Muscle cramps are often a common problem in athlets.For this Cup.met 30 in every hour s beneficial.Tennis Elbow. Ruta 30 or 6c.where areas like bones n tendons meet.Achilles Tendinitis .use kali bich when symptoms are in one part of the tendon than affecting the whole length of it.again Ruta if it s more towards the end of the tendon that attaches t the calf muscles.Anacardium also a good remedy.Painful Heels.Ruta, Aranea diadema,calc phos.

Yes Arnica fear of approach even before touching and sending doctor away is very striking. It helps in old clots or to prevent clotting of blood internally 6th c in repeated doses can prevent stroke also.
Cicuta mainly history of high fever n head injury also lymphnodes in neck prominent
Bellis per my fav for lifting weight 30 or 200 both similar action. Bruised feeling internally. Heavy work and muscle fibres worn out.
Rhus has feverishness and restlessness
Cuprum met any muscle fibre and even calc flour 30-in calf muscles, helps in cramps

See what they comment about our medicine

Arnica cuts healing time in half or less”. Dr. Bart Flick, orthopedic surgeon from Louisiana

Therapeutic success was observed in 11/30 homeopathy patients and 4/30 in placebo group, this study got replicated in above rheumatology journal (2004)

I use remedies such as Ruta grav, which helps treat sprained ligaments, ­Gelsemium for pre-race jitters, Arnica for bruising and Bellis perennis to treat exertion.-James Ellington, British Olympic sprinter and 2nd fastest sprinter in UK

I have used Homeopathy countless times to assist with the various bumps and bruises that I have suffered from hitting hurdles. My favorite Homeopathic remedy is Arnica and I wouldn’t dream of using anything else Jayne Torvill

“When I fall on the ice, I treat my bruises with arnica tablets or cream, which seems to help”  Jayne Torvill (skating)

Dr. Philippe Lageyre, sports doctor, he accompanies the rugby teams “On the field, with the slightest trauma, I prescribe Arnica. I always have tubes and doses on me.

-Jean-Marcel Ferret, doctor to the French soccer team from 1993 to 2004, the period which included their World Cup win, used Homoeopathic medicine for their team.

Conclusion

There exists a vast horizon for homoeopathic medicine in sports field. Early recognition of this safe system and adding to our sports medicine wing will surly help India to save many sports men and we can win more heights too.

DR.T.G.MANOJ KUMAR

BHMS ,DNYS,MSc(Appl.Psy),PGDGC

MEDICAL OFFICER ,DEPT. OF HOMOEOPATHY.KERALA STATE, INDIA

Email:drmanoj.1973@yahoo.com

Send Your Message

or

By signing up, I agree to terms