To do if your child or you yourself swallow a coin or some object which gets stuck in the windpipe(Trachea):
Immediate steps must be taken because it can lead to chocking and even death.
1. Make the child bend forward,
2. Encourage your child to cough on his/her own.
3. Follow by hard back slaps for some time.
4. If coin do not come out and if the child is less than 1year old, then hold them in the hand, tilting downwards and press the chest.
In case of older person more than 1year:
Ask to cough and slap on the back.
1. If still the object is stuck, stand behind the child/person. Grasp him by both hands around the abdomen(stomach) and then exert pressure on the bottom of the diaphragm in form of thrusts. This compresses the lungs and exerts pressure on any object lodged in the trachea, hopefully expelling it.
2. If it is a child, use only that much force as not lift the child above the ground.
3. If there is no one around then press your abdomen by yourself to generate forceful cough.
4. In a pregnant woman, use the hands above the abdomen and below the chest.
5. If nothing works, immediately get them on the ground and press the chest with force so as to compress the lungs which may forcefully expel it.
In the meantime call the Emergency Help number or try to rush to the doctor, trying the above steps along the way.
Dr S Kaul
Share the knowledge.
Have your Account on Detcare.com and publish or share your valuable Articles/Blogs/Stories.
Title – A title can be anything from a question, a heading of the article, or even the main topic about which you are publishing the post.
Description – It is explaining and adding the details about the topic you are posting. If you are asking a Question, then adding details is not necessary.
Photo, Video – You can attach a photo related to your post or can even publish a YOUTUBE video.
Sharing – Your name gets automatically attached behind the title of the article when you share is on Facebook or other platforms.
Eg: If a user John Watson have posted an article with the Title “How to handle Migraine without medicines?” and then if anyone share it on Facebook, the title will be like this :
“How to handle Migraine without medicines?”- John Watson
Themes of publishing or asking – You can publish from various themes that we mentioned and if any topic is missing among them, you can still post anything related to the Health. Healthcare is the only broad theme.